My Goings On in February:
- I finished my (second) edit of my MG book! It feels good to have it done. I’m still waiting to hear about the workshop I applied for, but if that one doesn’t pan out, I might just go for it and try sending queries out to some agents without workshopping it (at least a few—to see what kind of response I get).
- I celebrated my 5th blogoversary (technically on January 31st, but I don’t think I mentioned it in my last wrap-up) and my 44th birthday. Yikes! (I literally had my age wrong at first and had to sit and recalculate it in my head. I truly am getting old.)
- I went to Anderson’s Children’s Literature Breakfast (watch for a recap, coming next week).
- I finished Season 2 of Stranger Things and started watching The Goldbergs (which is super hilarious and reminds me of my childhood).
- I went to see Hamilton!!! It was as amazing as everyone says. But it made me realize how screwed up our political system (or maybe just humanity?) has always been. And some of the parallels I could draw to modern day issues just made me sad.
I spent WAY too much time trying to figure out how to get these two pictures to show up side-by-side instead of one under the other. I finally got them to show up centered, at least, so I just made them a little bigger and kept them this way. But if anyone knows how to make them show up next to each other, please let me know in the comments and I’ll love you forever. Sometimes I feel like a technological dolt.
Features & Discussions:
February Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
Fun with SPAM!
January 2018 Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway
A Valentine’s Post Featuring the Macmillan Collector’s Library (& a Giveaway!)
Great Reasons to Get to Know Your Bookish Friends Better
February 2018 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up
My 2018 Reading Progress:
I barely read anything in February, so it’s a good thing I lowered my goal. Still doing great on my goal of reading less, I guess. I’m five books ahead, according to Goodreads.
February 2018 Reviews
- American Panda by Gloria Chao | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Dare Mighty Things by Heather Kaczynski | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano | Review | Rating: 3/5
- The List by Patricia Forde | Review | Rating: 3/5
- Welcome Home by Eric Smith | Review | Rating: 3/5
- By a Charm and a Curse by Jaime Questell | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert | Review | Rating: 2/5
- The Ambrose Deception by Emily Ecton | Review | Rating: 5/5
- The Altered History of Willow Sparks by Tara O’Connor | Review | Rating: 3/5
February Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
The Ambrose Deception takes the prize this month as my only 5-star read, but American Panda was close behind!
2018 Reading Challenges/Goals Progress:
Status: 6/31-40 Discussions Posted
I really only wrote one discussion this month. Writing is definitely taking a toll on my blogging time, but that’s okay.
Great Reasons to Get to Know Your Bookish Friends Better
Top 10 of 2017: Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2018
2017 End of Year Book Survey
My Writing & Reading Goals for 2018
My Book Outlet Weakness (& Why My Latest Haul Is All Your Fault)
Which Types of Reviews Are Most Effective? Let’s Discuss!
Status: 48/365 Blogs Commented On
I’m still a bit behind on this challenge, but catching up. I need to remember to be consistent with it, and that hasn’t happened so far! (For my own keeping-track purposes: I should be at 59 right now.)
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Read Write Love 28
Status: ??/365 Chapters Read
I know I’m really behind on this, and I honestly didn’t feel like taking the time to figure out how behind. Turns out, I’m not great at reading a chapter a day. I’m not quite sure why. I might still be able to catch up?
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – One Catholic Life
Status: 9 Books Read/5 Reviews Posted
Our team was really behind this month, and I wasn’t much help. Here’s hoping March is better!
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Novel Knight
Status: 9/61-100 books read (New Release Veteran)
Did a little better on this challenge this month, but I still don’t think I can possibly achieve my goal for the year.
Here’s what applied to the challenge this month:
American Panda by Gloria Chao, By a Charm and a Curse by Jaime Questell, The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton, The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert, The Ambrose Deception by Emily Ecton and The Altered History of Willow Sparks by Tara O’Connor
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – (un)Conventional Book Views
Status: 8/12 TBR Books Read
Here’s what counted for this challenge from my reviews this month:
Dare Mighty Things by Heather Kaczynski, The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano, The List by Patricia Forde, Welcome Home by Eric Smith
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Roof Beam Reader
My 2018 Goals Progress:
- Complete a second edit of my MG novel. Done!
- Attend a writing workshop. We’ll see what happens with the one I applied for. I did do WriteOnCon, and I’m still reading through all the materials.
- Read more writing craft books/materials. I’m working on this. WriteOnCon definitely counts for this.
- Finish the first draft of YA novel. This needs to get going, since I finished the MG edit.
- Read one review book for every one that I request/receive. ) I only read 5 review books this month and received 14!! Wow! That’s a major fail. (So far for the year, I’ve received 19 and read 15, so I’m definitely behind, but it’s not as bad as it seems.)
- Read more middle grade. I barely read in February, but one of the books was MG, so I guess that’s good (Read 3 so far)
- Work out! No. Same as last month—I worked out like twice. Sigh.
Don’t forget to link your February wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up! And check out the giveaway, which will be posted here on Feed Your Fiction Addiction right around the 7th!