My Goings On in October:
- October was the month of bookish events for me! I attended (click on the links to read my recaps):
- The Epic Reads fall tour
- The Dear Evan Hansen book tour
- Anderson’s Bookshop’s 15th Annual YA Literature Conference
- SCBWI’s Prairie Writer’s & Illustrator’s Day 2018
- Things I watched:
- I’m almost done with The Walking Dead Season 8. I’ve heard that Season 9 gets less ridiculous—we shall see.
- I watched a bit more of the newest season of iZombie.
- My husband and I finished a rewatch of all nine seasons of The Office.
- (I really want to watch some of the new shows that are out, including the new Sabrina show. I hope it’s good!)
Apparently, I only posted to Instagram once in October. Oops!
Features & Discussions:
The recaps of the events I went to in October (I already linked to those up above, so I won’t do it again here).
Things I Didn’t Know About Publishing (And Things I Know I Still Don’t Know) Let’s Discuss
October Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
October Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Make Me Read It Giveaway
My 2018 Reading Progress:
I’ve read 124 books so far this year. Since my goal was only 100, I’d say I’m doing mighty well.
October 2018 Reviews
- Star-Crossed by Pintip Dunn | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- Warcross by Marie Lu | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- Wildcard by Marie Lu | Review | Rating: Devoured It
- Girls Like Us by Rachel Lloyd | Review | Rating: Devoured It
- Lulu the Broadway Mouse by Jenna Gavigan | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- When My Heart Joins the Thousand by A.J. Steiger | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan| Review | Rating: Devoured It
- In Your Shoes by Donna Gephart| Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- The Adventurer’s Guide to Successful Escapes by Wade Albert White | Review | Rating: Absolutely Addicted
October Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
No doubt about it, my favorite of this month was this fun middle grade read, which I reviewed with Danielle Hammelef on Tuesday.
2018 Reading Challenges/Goals Progress:
If you didn’t see my update awhile back, I decided to stop doing most of my challenges. Priorities.
Status: 26/31-40 Discussions Posted
I’m counting the event recaps I wrote this month because … I want to. Still might not hit my yearly goal, though. Oh well, I’m not going to stress about it.
Epic Reads Meet-up Recap
The Dear Evan Hansen Tour Recap
Anderson’s Bookshop’s 15th Annual YA Literature Conference Recap
Things I Didn’t Know About Publishing (And Things I Know I Still Don’t Know)
Book Box Subscriptions. Yay or Nay?
Goodreads’ YA Books Lists.
I Love Me Some Purple Prose.
Where to Find Book Series Recaps. (Since most books don’t have a synopsis.)
The Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag
The WIFYR Workshop Experience
Goodreads’ Mid-Year Book Lists.
A Break in Our Regularly Scheduled Programming (& Reasons I’m Excited for WIFYR)
Some Changes Around Here
My Personal Connection to Pride Month, Some Recent LGBTQ+ Reads, and Integrating My Faith and LGBTQ+ Issues
Top 10 Writing Tips I Learned at WIFYR
My Newly Organized Bookcases!
My First Time Switching Between an Audiobook and a Print Book.
The Rain on Netflix: Danish or English? (Subbed or Dubbed?)
Why Is Voice in Writing So Hard? And Do You Think About It When You Read?
Expectations About POC Names in Books.
Great Reasons to Get to Know Your Bookish Friends Better
Top 10 of 2017: Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2018
2017 End of Year Book Survey
My Writing & Reading Goals for 2018
My Book Outlet Weakness (& Why My Latest Haul Is All Your Fault)
Which Types of Reviews Are Most Effective? Let’s Discuss!
My 2018 Goals Progress:
Complete a second edit of my MG novel. Done! Attend a writing workshop. I went to WIFYR in June and to the SCBWI Prairie Writer’s and Illustrator’s Day in October.
- Read more writing craft books/materials. Yep. I’m definitely doing this. In October, I’ve been working my way through Story Genius by Lisa Cron and I also read The Irresistible Novel by Jeff Gerke. 🙂
- Finish the first draft of YA novel. I’ve jumped back into it. I seriously considered dumping what I had and starting over, but then I realized I was being a crazy person (and giving in to insecurities) and I’m forging ahead!
- Read one review book for every one that I request/receive. ) Phew! I did MUCH better with this in October. I only received 3 books for review, and I posted reviews for 9 and decided not to review 1. (So far for the year, I’ve received 72 and read 74, so now I’m back to being 2 ahead!!)
- Read more middle grade. I reviewed 3 MG books this month. Not too bad. (I’ve read and/or reviewed 25 MGs so far this year.)
- Work out! I’m hanging in there. It helps that I’ve been enjoying watching The Walking Dead while on the elliptical.
Don’t forget to link your October wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway! (I posted it with the actual link-up this month.)